You must be wondering how to fix Crunchyroll black screen on chrome. To fix this Crunchyroll black screen you can try the following methods- change your browser, clear cache files, try a different episode or swap your device.
These methods are known to work to fix the black screen of crunchy roll on chrome.
Here in this article, we will try to explain various methods to fix this problem.
Why Am I Getting A Black Screen On Crunchyroll?
Crunchyroll is known to experience a display issue and you’re not the first one to face this. A lot of users had the same complaint about Crunchyroll.
You will face this Black screen on Crunchyroll if you enable a pop-up blocker application on your device.
Whenever you access the app through your browser, a pop-up blocker program commonly appears and it is known to prevent Crunchyroll from being able to open.
Usually, this software will prevent pop-ups to appear when you open the app, instead sometimes it interferes with the Crunchyroll app.
There are a few other reasons why this might be happening. We have tried to list a few other causes in this regard-
- Browser performance issues- It might be that the issue is related to your browser which you are using to access your Crunchyroll profile. Active users that use Firefox, as well as Chrome, have also confirmed that their browsers were the major reason for the display error. Try and update your current browsers if you are using a backdated one. It might solve the issue.
- Faulty Cache files- The cache files that get deposited on your device can also cause this issue every time you launch Crunchyroll. Corrupt data and or faulty data are responsible for this problem. Make sure to clear out the data from time to time.
- Episode format- This error might also happen when Crunchyroll uploads a specific episode or movie that might contain the incorrect format. You can’t play the video and the screen turns black.
- Device issue- Apart from all this it can also happen that this might be an issue with your device.
In the next section, we have tried to provide you with a few ways to fix the issue. Try them to get your problem solved.
How To Fix Crunchyroll Black Screen?
We have already discussed the reason behind the Black Screen on Crunchyroll. Now we will discuss a few methods that you can use to solve the problem.
Also Read: Best Way How To Lock Items In Lost Ark!
- Browser Performance issue- The browser you are using to access Crunchyroll might be having some trouble which might cause the black screen. In case you are using an old and backdated version of any browser, you should try updating that.
- Just visit the browser’s settings and see if there is any update pending. Just update to its latest version.
- Faulty Cache Files- As we all know that every time we download something on our device a huge chunk of cache data gets deposited on it. So this might also cause the issue of a black screen while you are using Crunchy roll.
- Make sure to clean your device from time to time clean your device to avoid this problem.
- Episode Format- This problem might also be a result of the faulty format of any episode on Crunchyroll. So you should try playing any other episode to see if it’s the particular episode that is problematic.
- Device Issue- This might also be a problem with your device. You can try resetting your device and then run Crunchyroll again.
Pro Tip To This Fix Crunchyroll Black Screen:
This problem might also happen because of a server issue. You can check the server status through this link- https://downdetector.com/status/crunchyroll/
How Do I Fix Crunchyroll Black Screen when Streaming?
Crunchyroll might show this black screen while you are streaming content, in that case, you will need to change your screen resolution display setting to a lower level.
Lower image quality will require much less data to stream when compared to a high-definition picture. When you watch an HD image it requires at least 2.5Mbps, whereas an SD picture requires 0.6Mbps.
Just press the “Quality Auto” button to adjust the picture/video quality settings. Here you can choose your desired quality accordingly.
Guide On: How To Fix TOZO T12 With Windows 11
Here are the alternative methods to get rid of the problem-
- Update the app.
- Restart your WIFI Router
- Change your device
- Uninstall and Re-Install Crunchyroll.
Why Can’t I Screen Share My Crunchyroll?
A lot of people using Crunchyroll have the same issue they are unable to screen share the app using their Discord profile. Whenever a video is being played it ultimately results in a black screen.
This is primarily happening because of the error in the hardware acceleration setting which is configured in your particular chosen browser.
In case you want to rectify the screen sharing issue within discord when you are streaming on Crunchyroll, you are required to disable this particular setting.
In order to disable the hardware acceleration in a chrome browser follow these steps-
- Step 1- Open Chrome.
- Step 2- Now in the search bar input ‘chrome://settings/?search=hardware’>
- Step 3- Now turn off “Use Hardware acceleration when available”.
- Step 4- Restart your device and then run Crunchyroll again and the problem will be resolved.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is Crunchyroll only showing a black screen?
As we have already discussed, Crunchyroll might be showing a black screen because you enabled a pop-up on your device.
This software was meant to prevent pop-ups from appearing, but instead, it interferes with the Crunchyroll app itself and causes this black screen issue.
2. How do I get rid of the black screen on Crunchyroll?
Here in this article, we have already laid out certain ways you can fix this problem of black screens on Crunchyroll.
Try any of these methods to solve the problem of black screen- change your browser, clear cache files, try playing a different episode or a movie, or completely swap your device.
These methods are known to fix the black screen on Crunchyroll.
3. How do I fix Crunchyroll on Chrome?
If you face some issues while using Crunchyroll on chrome you can follow these given steps to solve the issue-
- Step 1- Open Chrome.
- Step 2- This is a trick. Copy the code to the clipboard and paste it into the Chrome address bar as chrome://settings/ command line.
- Step 3- Now under the “Advanced” option, click on the drop-down icon.
- Step 4- Choose the “System” tab.
- Step 5- Uncheck the “Use hardware acceleration when available” icon.
- Step 6- Click the “Relaunch” button to finish the process.
- Step 7- Now launch the browser and verify the action’s effectiveness.
Now play the Crunchyroll video on the Crunchyroll website without caring about any other pop-up issues.
4. Why is Crunchyroll not working on the browser?
There are several reasons why this might be happening, it can either be the server issue or even the browser issue. Otherwise, it might also be device-related. For this, you can try shifting to another device and try again.
Read More: How To Fix 5xx Server Error Instagram