You may get Megapersonal error 701 when attempting to access your personal information online. your System will become unresponsive as a result due to a lack of disc space. But there is no need to fear, as this is a common mistake that is simple to remedy.
Here is a comprehensive guide to understanding the causes of this Megapersonal mistake and how to fix it.
To solve this error, you have a total of 6 ways. Those are –
- Scan for viruses.
- Perform DISM and SFC scans.
- Free up disk space.
- Repair your corrupted registry.
- Perform a clean boot, and finally.
- Contact support for further assistance
So, if you encounter this error on your system, please do not get tense. It is a very common problem in the new digital era. It even has a very simple solution too.
So let us dig in further and watch what the solutions are for this problem.
What Causes Megapersonal Error 701?
Megapersonal error 701 is mostly an error with Windows computers. When it occurs, you will not be able to surf the internet anymore. This error depicts that your computer is running out of space.
There are multiple reasons that can trigger this annoying error. Let me make a list of them for you one by one.
- Corrupted system files are present on your PC.
- There are a few applications that were not properly installed.
- Too many applications are installed at a time.
- There could be malware or virus present on your system.
- Some important or necessary files have been deleted.
- Your registry has been corrupted.
- Your system is running out of storage.
These factors can happen on your PC, and these can trigger this annoying error on your system.
Now let me talk about the solutions.
Steps To Fix Megapersonal Error 701
I have mentioned the ways to solve this error at the beginning of this article. Here I shall elaborate on them and tell you how you can perform these procedures.
Step 1 – Scan For Viruses
If any virus is present in your system, then you can face this error. So the best way to solve this error is to scan for viruses and remove them.
To scan for viruses –
- Open Settings.
- Open Privacy & Security.
- Open Windows Security.
- Open Virus and threat protection.
- Click Quick Scan.
This will scan your PC for viruses and malware. If you find any malware or virus programs present in your system, please remove it or take necessary actions. Then reboot your PC.
Step 2 – Perform DISM and SFC Scan
Performing DISM and SFC scans is the 2nd way to solve this error. Check the points I have given below to know how to perform these two scans.
To Perform DISM and SFC Scan
- Type CMD in the search box of your PC.
- Right-click on the option CMD followed by clicking Run as Administrator.
- Now type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
- Restart PC after the process finishes.
- Again open CMD as an administrator.
- Now type DISM /Online /CleanupImage /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
- Again reboot the PC once the scan is finished.
Step 3 – Free Up Disk Space
Lack of disk space is probably the most common reason responsible for this annoying error. You should always try to free-up your system’s disk space.
There are a few ways to free up the system’s disk space. Let me tell you about all 3 of them.
Delete Unnecessary Files Using Settings
- Open settings.
- Select System.
- Open Storage.
- Click Configure Storage Sense after turning on the toggle.
- Check the box for Delete temporary files that my apps aren’t using in the next window.
- As the last step, click Clean Now.
Delete Unnecessary Files Using Disk Cleanup
- Open File Explorer.
- Click This PC.
- Right-click on the target followed by select Properties.
- Click Disk Cleanup under the general tab.
- Choose the files you wish to remove.
- Click OK.
- Click Delete Files.
Move Additional Files To Another Location
If the excessive data is not needed for Windows files, or if the excessive data is not located in the installation drive of your PC, then you can cut them and paste them on another hard drive.
If these files are non-system files, you should always move them to another disk and try to keep the system storage free. This will help you a lot to run your PC smoothly.
Step 4 – Repair Corrupted Registry
If your registry is corrupted, then you can face this error. So try to fix the registry in order to fix this error.
To repair corrupted registry –
- Open Settings.
- Click Update and Security.
- Click Recovery.
- Click Restart Now from the section called Advanced Startup.
- Wait a bit.
- Go to Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Automatic Repair, and finally Startup Repair. The process will start after this.
- Reboot the PC when the process finishes.
Step 5 – Perform A Clean Boot
A clean boot can solve many PC issues like this one. I would always suggest taking this way in order to overcome this error.
To perform a clean boot –
- Search System Configuration in the search box.
- Open System Configuration from the options.
- Open Services.
- Check Hide all Microsoft services.
- Click Disable All.
- Click OK.
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- Disable all services under Startup.
- Restart the PC.
- Now enable each one and see which one is causing the trouble.
- Uninstall and reinstall the problematic file when found.
Step 6 – Contact Support
If you have tried every way mentioned above and still you are facing the issue, then please contact the support department of Microsoft and tell them about your issue. They will take it over from there and solve the issue for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1- What does error 701 mean on Megapersonal?
Ans-If you are encountering megapersonal error 701 on your Windows PC, it means the system does not have enough disk space. To remove this error, please free up the disk space. Or it can be an indication of a corrupted registry, corrupted system files, or a virus attack.
Q2- What is error 701 on Alexa?
Ans- Error 701 indicated connectivity issues with Alexa or the other connected devices on Alexa.
Q3- How To Prevent This Error From Happening In Future
Ans- Keep your disk free if you want to prevent the megapersonal error from happening again. You should remove the unwanted data and the unwanted files as well. This will help you to prevent the error because the disk space will not be used for useless files.
The Final Words
So if you have gone through the entire article, you now know that there are a total of 6 ways to solve the mega personal error 701 on a Windows PC. remember that you must keep freeing up the disk space of your system in order to bypass this annoying error from occurring. All the best!