Are you getting tensed by thinking why is UltraSurf not working? Because most probably the antivirus or the firewall installed on your device is preventing it from working properly. So it is always a better idea to uninstall or disable the antivirus software or the firewall if you want to use the UltraSurf connection without any hassle.
For your information, you are not the only one who is suffering from this error in the world. There are so many people who want to use the UltraSurf platform and are looking for the same solution with the UltraSurf not working issue. And that is why I am writing this article so that you can know why this error is happening and how to solve it.
To solve this issue, you can try the below-mentioned steps –
- Press the Windows button + I
- Select Update & Security
- Choose Troubleshoot from the left pane
- Click Additional troubleshooters
- Click Internet Connections
- Click Run the troubleshooter
- Use the Network Adapter troubleshooter to resolve this issue.
Below I have discussed all the required methods and steps that will solve this issue for you. So read the full article and you will be free from the UltraSurf not working issue!
What Is UltraSurf’s Platform Compatibility?
This platform is compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows. So you can always use it on your iOS or Android mobile phone or your Windows computer. But do not be surprised if you try to run it on Apple or Linux platforms for desktop and see that it is not working, because it does not support these two platforms.
What Are The Best Browsers For UltraSurf?
UltraSurf is designed for Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. So if you use these two browsers, it will work at its best. But it can work on a few other browsers too.
If you have a browser with a default VPN service, then you can use it for UltraSurf. For example, if you use the Opera browser, you can use the in-built VPN of it using which you can hide your location and bypass the geo-restrictions in order to use UltraSurf.
How Can I Fix UltraSurf Not Working
Here I shall give you the methods along with the required steps to perform each method for solving the issue with UltraSurf not working. Read the methods and steps very carefully and apply them to your device.
Run The Troubleshooter For Internet Connections
- Open the Settings of your device. If you are using a Windows PC, press the Windows button + I to open Settings.
- Now click on Update & Security.
- Next, click the Troubleshoot option. You will find it in the left pane.
- As the next step, you should click Additional troubleshooters.
- Now select Internet Connections.
- Next, choose the option Run the troubleshooter.
- Use the Network Adapter troubleshooter if you want to fix the issue of UltraSurf not working.
Choose A Different Server
You will see a total of 3 separate server checkboxes as options. Though the platform automatically selects the best server, you can always select it manually. So try to select a different server and check if the issue is gone or not.
Disable The Firewall Of Windows Defender
- Click on the Search and search for Windows Defender Firewall. Once found, click on it.
- Enable or disable the firewall from the left pane.
- As the next step, turn off the Firewall of Windows Defender for Public and Private networks by using the radio buttons.
- Finally, click OK to exit.
Uninstall Any Installed Third-Party Antivirus
If you are using Windows 8 or above versions of the OS on a Windows PC, there is no need to use any third-party antivirus software or firewall as Windows 8 or higher versions come with the in-built antivirus security system Windows Defender.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Now search the third-party antivirus software.
- Select it.
- Click Uninstall on the above bar.
- Click OK.
Manually Setup An UltraSurf Proxy Server Using Browser Settings
For Google Chrome –
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click on the Menu with the 3 vertical dots at the right side on the top corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Select System from the left pane.
- Click Open your computer’s proxy settings in the Chrome browser.
- Toggle the switch on under the Manual proxy setup option to use a proxy server.
- Put 127.0.0.1 in the proxy address box.
- Now put 9666 in the Port box.
- Click SAVE.
For Mozilla Firefox –
- Launch Firefox.
- Click Menu.
- Click Settings.
- Again click Settings from the Network Settings option.
- Select the manual proxy configuration option.
- Put 127.0.01 in the address box.
- Put 9666 in the Port box.
- Click OK.
Use UltraSurf Chrome Extension
Google Chrome offers an extension of UltraSurf to its users. So if you found that the UltraSurf app is not working, you can always add the Chrome extension of UltraSurf to your Google Chrome browser. If you add the extension to your Chrome browser, then you will be able to toggle the switch on or off the UltraSurf connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is Ultrasurf not connecting?
It is happening because maybe the antivirus software or the firewall installed on your device is preventing it from working properly. So if you want to use it, you have to uninstall or disable the antivirus or the firewall.
2. How do I enable Ultrasurf?
- Open your browser.
- Click Settings.
- Click Network Settings.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Manual proxy configuration.
- Put 127.0.0.1 in the HTTP proxy box.
- Put 9666 in the Port box.
- Click OK or SAVE.
3. Does Ultrasurf work?
Yes, UltraSurf is absolutely safe and working currently! It works like a VPN that you can use to hide your location or any kind of data that you do not want people to know or monitor.
4. Can UltraSurf be blocked?
Yes, UltraSurf can be blocked! You have to enable DPI-SSL Client Inspection followed by Instruction Prevention.
The Last Words
As too many people are searching for why is UltraSurf not working and the solution to it too, I have tried to mention all possible ways that you can use in order to fix this issue. I hope if you read this article, you will be able enough to solve this small issue on your own without any further difficulties. So, all the best!